Tuesday 10 December 2013

pink

pinkpinkpinkIMG_8255pinkpinkpinkpinkpinkpinkpinkpink

A few weeks ago I posted about my green week. It seems that pink is on the menu now! Probably inspired by last week's printing.

The zinnias I planted from seed all seem to be coming up pink, various shades of pink luckily but pink nonetheless. The cosmos are mostly pink too and the echinacea flowers which have taken two years to produce blooms, have the lightest tinge.

Last week I carved out a tiny bit of time between high school orientation day and a dentist appt to go along to a free workshop run by Alex Falkiner, alfalky on etsy and instagram. I had such a nice time learning how to make a coiled brooch from Alex and she had the most wonderful colour palette in all goodies she had laid out to sew with.

I used a mix of pink and orange and green and this great corally red, which might be my new favourite colour. It was nice to play with colours I don't usually mix. The other brooch is by Laura my delightful workshop neighbour.

It seems that this year has been the year of the workshop for me and I'm really loving that. Its such a great way to meet other crafty people, learn new techniques and make without having to track down all the equipment and materials of a new craft, producing something in one day that you can keep forever.

Its a lovely way to support crafty makers too.

Christmas lights and decorations went up this week too. Christmas lists have been made and presents bought. It feels good to have made a start on this huge yearly task. Its not so much the buying but the choosing that I find taxing, I so want to get just the right thing!

Friday's street Xmas Party went off without a hitch, hoorah! We had perfect weather this year too. This event that I dreamed up with a friend six years ago has become an institution with a life of its own now and my heart swelled when I turned around to see thirty kids in a range of ages playing bull rush with huge smiles on their faces. It made me so happy!

In other news the mister and I racked up an adventure filled 17 years of marriage last Saturday (!) and celebrated with Korean BBQ for the whole family. We've been to BBQ King in the city once before and it is the most wonderful fun cooking at the table, and all the exotic condiments which come with your meal. So delicious!

I am so lucky to be married to my cute bestie and while I wish our anniversary was at a slightly less manic time it does make us laugh trying to squeeze some romance into this crazy month. But then life never slows down round here for long. Speaking of which I can't wait for my birthday next week ;-)

I hope your lives are filled with Christmas parties and nice food, and that you have all your presents bought and wrapped and nothing better to do on these warm nights than sip a G and T and watch the garden grow!

p.s. that's miss A's lampshade which she added stars in white paper to, which show up when the light is on. Isn't she clever.


3 comments :

  1. Happy Anniversary! Love all your flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary.
    Lovely happy photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy anniversary! i really love that starry lightshade.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and commenting :-)