Thursday 25 April 2013

Bloom cheater quilt fabrics

bloom cheaterbloom cheaterbloom cheaterflower bed series of fabricsbloom cheater

A million years ago now I designed a Cheater print for a Spoonflower competition. I was delighted when the resulting Bloom Cheater Quilt design made the top ten. Since then though it has sat in my Spoonflower design library, getting no no attention from me, but prompting quite regular emails asking me to release it for sale.

I love the idea of a cheater print, for the less quiltily inclined of us. This one was made with great care and I had such fun designing each of the repeats which go into it. A couple of these I have printed - Chicken Spots and Bloom, both of which are favourites in my stash. Such clean crisp girl patterns that aren't too pink, for me the colour palette is another success of this design.

Anyway, at last, after a few tweaks to the repeat, I am proud to say the Bloom Cheater panels are (finally) for sale in my Spoonflower shop. The repeat is designed to sit perfectly across the generous 42 inch width of the cotton quilting fabrics. A yard would make a lovely baby size quilt. I love the Kona cotton for its weight and quality, but the basic cotton is a nice fabric too. Match it with some yardage of the coordinating prints and you have a quick and easy baby project.

There are some other of my prints available in the shop too so why not visit.

3 comments :

  1. Top 10? Well done to you!!! I can see why you did so well, though. It's gorgeous!
    Carly
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Well done on making the top ten!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Susie - now that's my kind of quilting!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and commenting :-)