Thursday 16 February 2012

my creative space - {slow} progress

progress progress progress

I'm still working on longer term projects over here (and look, photos from my camera, not my phone!). I've finished the layout and strips of this little baby quilt and am just laying it out to work out the best order to sew them together.

I love a scrappy quilt because it gives me a chance to mix and match all those bits and pieces of fabrics that I've collected over the years, and I usually have some left for the next project. And I just love the look of it, so homemade and so many stories. There are vintage, designer, cheapie spotlight and my fabrics in this mix. (And can you see a little bit of my precious piece of Cam's Go Granny Squares in there?!)

One of these days I'll buy fabric with a project in mind and cut out all the pieces first and then sew. That must be a nice relaxing way to make. Its coming soon but I still enjoy this muddly, pottery way of making something. It gives me a chance to play with my own designs and see how they mix and match, how they work at different sizes and what the colour scheme I've chosen looks best with.

Gives me lots of inspiration for the next collection :-)

For many other inspiring projects and makers pop over to www.ourcreativespaces.blogspot.com as always, and if you haven't joined in before give it a try.



11 comments :

  1. its adorable...love the fresh bright feel...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's looking great so far.. I just love all the happy colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww, its going to look very pretty! beautiful scraps of fabric :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such fresh cheerful colours, that's going to make a beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous!
    I've never made a quilt before, wanting to try
    a hand tied one first.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is so funny how all of your scraps come together to make what looks like a totally planned quilt top! Love the colour. It works so well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All good things take time. This is a fantastic use of scraps (and I'm all about that at the moment)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have used some totally scrumptious colours in the mix there! Love it! :) One day I'll have to give it a try too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great colours! Love all that fabric goodness you've collected:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think scrappy quilts are the bees knees!

    ReplyDelete
  11. it's looking pretty beautiful!
    thanks for your message xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and commenting :-)