Thursday 23 February 2012

my creative space - circles of colour

circles of colour circles of colour circles of colour

Thank you all for your great response to the return of Show & Tell for 2012. Your enthusiasm for the interviews is one of the things I really love about the series.

I'm still crocheting away on my Bullseye blanket when I get time. I'm loving the crochet! Its starting to feel much more natural and I'm really enjoying how quick it is. Another thing I love about this project is being able to choose and use lots of different colours. I'm trying to find different and interesting combinations for each circle, trying to get out of my comfort zone and mix and match complimentary and contrasting colours that I wouldn't usually mix, its great fun.

I'm often thinking about colours and choosing colour schemes for fabric designs so its good homework for that. I think I promised a post about some of my colour process ages ago. I really am going to come back soon and show you some examples in my work, what resources I use. I'd love to know where you find your colours and find some new combinations. What colours are you loving at the moment?

11 comments :

  1. I love all the different colour combos in you bulls eye blanket... it's going to look great! Crocheting is lots of fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in love with your blanket - stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blanket is looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That first photo brought a big smile to my face when I saw it pop up in my reader. Your squares are looking wonderful! And that basket of yarn is a happy riot of colour. Lots of inspiration right there! Love Jodie too. Her patterns and softies are gorgeous, as is her quirky sense of humor! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is going to be one fabby blanket. Er, what colours am I loving? The ripple blanket in progress is made up of every colour under the sun...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clever! I wish I could crochet that well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great crochet squares, makes me want to start a new project. Great colours. Aren't those trugs the best things? I have 3 large ones that are in constant use.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such bright, pretty colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I keep seeing these bullseyes pop up recently and I loove them! Your's is looking great. How many of them will you have to do?

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's looking FABULOUS Susie!! I am very enamoured of Biggan Design (Aust made merino) range at the moment because they have soooo many colours to choose from. I usually find inspiration from magazines actually. Your bullseye in looking fantastic. So glad you're feeling more comfortable with crochet now :) Kx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful circle squares! As for quilting, I am (I believe) getting closer to actually making a quilt. Almost bought another book yesterday but knew it would go into the bookshelf after a few weeks on the coffee table. When I've finished crocheting my chevron rug, I tell myself...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and commenting :-)