Wednesday 1 June 2011

boxed

boxedhome2

Screen shot 2011-06-01 at 10.19.06 AM
Screen shot 2011-06-01 at 9.49.17 AM

Its taken a while to come together, but with the launch yesterday of the wonderful new Boxed website Flower Press wares are now available in the Middle East! As founder Sarah Saleh says here:

“Back in 2008, while I was working as a wedding planner at a renowned events company in Dubai, UAE, I was always on the hunt to find a one stop shop for modern and custom-made products. Unfortunately that wish never came true even in the glamorous city of Dubai,”

“When I moved to live in Bahrain, and being away from the ever busy city of Dubai, I had the time to come up with this exciting store concept and bring together many designers under one roof. And, as I kept going, I sensed the enthusiasm of the designers and the need for such a platform.

“‘Boxed’ now is on a mission to support independent designers from around the globe, and offers a hand to all artisans working in developing countries to help sustain their livelihoods and increase their earnings."

I'm proud to be sharing space with the amazing designers and pieces that lovely Sarah has curated on the site, including sculpture from Mitsy (Artmind) from Belgium and  Element Clay in the US, Joug Design lighting from NZ (above, on my wishlist since I saw their designs on Boxed), wool and leather ipad covers from Pack and Smooch in Germany and plushies from Leilaloo in France. A truly international site!

p.s. thanks for your support and comments yesterday. There's still time to sign the petition.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by and commenting :-)