Thursday 20 January 2011

my creative space - gozleme (sort of)

faux gozlemi
gozlemi insides

The birthday girl requested turkish gozleme style toasted sandwiches for lunch yesterday and we came up with these, made with wrap bread and filled with baby spinach, onions, field mushrooms, mozzarella, bocconcini, kalamata olives, ham, baby tomatoes and marinated persian fetta (my new favourite thing!). Easy to make you just put a wrap in the hot frying pan and top it with fillings and then press another over the top, flip once and then serve with lemon. The real gozleme are a fixture at Sydney markets and our favourite shopping snack but they do sound very labour intensive so I think we're sticking with our faux version.

A couple of days ago I was most excited to get an email from Ros a casting director at Granada, who is looking for people to be in their new show - TOP DESIGN hosted by Jamie Durie. While I politely declined her flattering invitation (citing extreme stage fright!) I told her about all my creative readers and promised to post a call out here on my blog. So if you are braver than me and love the sound of this below go here to apply. Wouldn't it be great to have an Aussie craft blogger on the show!! And there's a prize for the winner.

Granada Media Australia is currently looking for designers, artists, creatives and decorators for a new design-based reality television show called TOP DESIGN. The show will go to air on Channel Nine and will be hosted by Jamie Durie.

For those of you who are still looking to contribute towards the Brisbane floods, I have to mention this fantastic list of fundraising auctions hosted on the Make it Perfect site. Check out all the wonderful prizes being donated by amazing bloggers everywhere. Entry is in most cases just a small donation to the Premier's Relief Fund. And lets not forget other countries affected like Brazil and Sri Lanka, UNICEF is one place to contribute.

More creative types at Kirsty's place.

9 comments :

  1. Oh Susie I just finished cleaning up dinner and you have me hungry all over again.
    I think that tv show thing is hilarious! I've been emailing back and forth with my sisters all day trying to decide how they would portray me if I applied and was accepted. Would I be the bitch? The Mum? The hippie? How about you Susie? It certainly would be fun to know someone in it. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't have dinner tonight because I didnt feel like it. It's now 10.45pm and I WANT TO EAT THIS! Haha... thanks alot cause I don't have the ingredients :( I'll have to buy the ingredients so I can make it next week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's nearly midnight and I'm suddenly starving again! Looks fantastic. I think you should do the tv show Susie! Can't think of anyone better in fact :) Kx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh why did you have to show me that?? Lol YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you on the stage fright. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yum!
    yep, couldn't hack something like that ~ it would take nerves of steel :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Intruding into your personal space shudder..... if it was all done in blogland perhaps yes but you couldnt just turn it off. Mind you there would be the book deal, dvd sets and various spinoffs that might make it an attractive opportunity. Who knows you might become Australia's answer to Martha Stewart hee hee!(minus the jail time of course)
    By the way that wrap thing looks dewishous

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Gozleme Sort Ofs look scrummilicious. And clever you, citing stage fright. Cripes!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and commenting :-)