Thursday 2 December 2010

my creative space - process

illlustrator
pen
pencil
I always love it when people share their process, so that's my creative space today. My new tea towel design from sketch to artwork. Of course there are a few other steps before during and after but you get the idea. Pencil, pen and then scanned to Illustrator. This is just a sneaky corner too, you'll have to wait a bit longer for the big reveal but a few of you might work it out!

A big thanks as always but especially today for Kirsty, for her energy and generosity in hosting another year's creative spaces. I've really enjoyed joining in this year and I'm getting better at remembering to post!

15 comments :

  1. I love seeing the process of something being created too. Beautiful the flower pattern! I cannot wait to see it on the fabric, printed in red, maybe?! I am sure it will look great in any colour but I just love red;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a process fan too - thanks for sharing! Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, me too! I love seeing the rough sketches through to the finished piece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Count me in as well, I love to try and work out how someone's mind is ticking as they create. I'd love to see is orange too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love seeing the process too :) Beautiful work Susie. Kx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me, too! Thanks for sharing the process!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely to see some of the steps :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful stuff - I (like everyone else it seems) love to see process shots!
    Also, I haven't been getting much web time recently so have just seen your post re: Extra Curricular - congratulations on the very well-deserved coverage! It looks like a great magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I definitely enjoy seeing others' creative processes! Can't wait to see how this one turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's so interesting to see how things are created :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous pattern - a nice series of shots showing your work process. You just gave me an idea, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw, come on - it's just a little sketch, then tweak here and fiddle there and voilá! Right? Non??

    Love your work Mrs.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love seeing where it all begins!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So interesting to see the changes from the original to the final. Can't wait to see it printed, it's going to be lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and commenting :-)