Monday 13 September 2010

collecting nature

collecting nature
collecting nature

Have you seen the Collecting Nature Flickr group that Jan from Poppytalk set up this northern summer. It combines my favourite things - collections, nature, art, textiles, things! And some of my favourite artists have contributed to it like knittalatte, otchipotchi and sue h.

Jan has recently posted this collection of images on Poppytalk from the group, including my little mushroom from here. Check out the Poppytalk blog for the other credits.

It reminded me of this photo that I took back in March and never got round to posting, showing some of the blue and white pieces in my pottery shard collection. I'm going to go and add it to the group now. I've found two more beautiful blue and white pieces in the last fortnight too, hooray, I do love them and its nice to see I'm not the only one, lots of kindred spirits in the group. For more inspiration you must check out the Collection a Day blog. Then go and add your own photo to the Poppytalk group :-)

This photo was taken in strong but indirect sunlight without a flash, the pieces are sitting on a piece of cardboard but you could use office paper. I stood on a chair to make sure I was directly overhead and tried to hold still for good focus. Easy!

Oh and many thanks to all for the wonderful feedback on the website and for the testing you all did!

5 comments :

  1. I hadn't seen this group but I'm so glad you mentioned it. I'm an avid collector as we potter around our bush neighbourhood.

    I love your shard collection. I have a collection that I gathered from the beaches of Italy when we were there 10 years ago. It's one of my favourite travel mementos. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! I look forward to checking out this group too. A beautiful collection of images. Your generosity with your knowledge is much appreciated. I spotted a post a week or so back that I look forward to taking some time to read about your approach and techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to spend hours on your blog. I can feel it. I just have to turn the computer off and do something today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, inspiring, lovely ....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice pottery collection! Mine is in a jar, I'm saving them for when I finally figure out how to use them in a print design.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and commenting :-)