Tuesday 13 July 2010

a big sky


We've been away.

Its almost funny really. I was so stressed when we left - thinking of all the things I needed to do, to pack, to clean. Bills to pay, emails to write, clothes to wash, food to buy, packages to send.

Nothing like a long horizon to put things in to perspective. Time with family, a cup of tea, some home made cake, home made marmalade. Talk. Walking through the still of the bush, the smile on the dog's face as she dives in the creek. More talk. Camp oven dinner round the fire with grown up nephews, burning sticks and gazing transfixed into the coals. Old photo albums and finishing my book.

And the sky! So amazing on the dark winter afternoon we headed west into the sunset. The morning clouds a hundred storeys high the day we left, painting the sky a million shades of grey and white.

I've got a few more pics from my time away I'll post them tomorrow.

Thank you to everyone who commented on our little Peppermint ad :-) I keep meaning to say here how much I truly love to receive all your comments. Thank you! I love to reply too when I have time so if you don't have your email address in your blogger profile (its easy to do) why don't you leave it in your comment or email it to me separately so I can get in touch.

4 comments :

  1. ah wonderful skies:) have a fab holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I love a good sky pic - and these are beautiful! Glad to read you had such a great time away :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I reckon the older I get the more the getting of perspective plays a part and the more I notice WHEN I JUST DON’T HAVE ANY! (That's when I turn into a babbling, neurotic nightmare, finally twig to the situation and go find me some sky).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had a nice time away...nothing like a change of scenery I reckon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and commenting :-)