Saturday 2 January 2010

Happy New Year!




Oh dear, I didn't get around to my look back at 2009, I haven't found the time to sit down and write, and the laptop battery is slowly dying. I do miss my blogging life though so I will be back soon, we'll be home later this week for a few days. I still want to record the past year and its inspirations and creations and share my plans for 2010!

In the meantime we saw a baby playtpus in the creek, the kids have hosted an art exhibition with all their pictures, a friend came to stay with her horse and we've all been riding. We went to the beach and swam, had lunch at friends, sang songs and played games. There was a small concert and lots of laughs, and a few tears.

The other day I made my first pavlova to take to lunch (thank you Donna Hay). What a perfect summer dessert it is covered in cream and fruit, mangos, blueberries, strawberries, passionfruit! Next time I must stop long enough to take a photo!

In all a perfect Christmas, although perhaps our last at this magic place - so it's bittersweet. I'm reinspired by my lovely family, and reminded of the things that count. And that is what I find each year at this time which renews and restores me :-)

I hope you had a fantastic Christmas and wish you all a wonderful New Year!

1 comment :

  1. sounds wonderful! Happy new year hope it's happy and healthy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and commenting :-)