Wednesday 17 June 2009

moving up in the world

I haven't got any power upstairs in my 'studio' space yet (mostly because I can't decide which light fittings to have!) but we've finished all the painting and moved most things up there. It's so great to have everything in one place - though I still do a lot of to-ing and fro-ing! (Good excercise I say to myself the fourth time I climb the stairs).
I'm still trying to work out how to use the space, there isn't a lot of head room except in the centre so while I thought I'd have everything around the sides I will need to have some in middle so I don't bump my head. I've been trying different layouts.
I've also been doing all my sewing up there and its really great to be able to leave my sewing machine out and come back to it. A great luxury.
There's something very calming about the space, I can't put my finger on it exactly but I immediately feel very peaceful when I go up there. I feel my shoulders relax.
I promised pictures when it was finished, but until its organised a bit more this sneak peek will have to do! Honestly, you don't want to see the mess, and it's not really ready till I get those lights :-)

1 comment :

  1. How lovely to have a special space like that. My 'studio' shares space with the rest of my house and I long for a place I can just leave in mid creative flow!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and commenting :-)